top of page

Streets through time - Pond Street
No 16 White Farm Cottage

IMG_2649.JPG
Lot 51 The Village Farm pt1.jpg
Lot 51 The Village Farm pt2.jpg

In the Estate sale of 1937, this building is one of the outbuildings of the Village Farm in Church Street and the tenancy is that of a Mr Geeson. The Geeson family farmed in the village for decades leading up to the estate sale.

It is thought that this property was originally the barn. In 1946 the barn was sold to builder Frederick Parker. At some point around this time, the connecting outbuilding was removed, and a second storey added to the outbuildings to the rear of 17 Church St. to apparently create two cottages.  

Sometime between 1960 and 1972, much of the garden to the south of 17 Church St was sold, making a rear garden for 16 Pond St, and allowing the development of the new homes at 12 and 14 Pond St.

IMG20230306123640_edited.jpg

Above image taken in 2023.

bottom of page