top of page

Streets through time - High Street
No 10 Sundial House  

IMG_2718.JPG

WIP - further details to follow.

In the Estate sale of 1937, the properties now known as No 10 Sundial House and No 12 Sundial Cottage were sold as a single residence known as Sundial Cottage with the tenancy being that of Mr E. Chipps. It is assumed but not clear that the property was split into two residences shortly after the sale as Pat Hollingsworth recalls that from the 1940's on, Mrs Booth - the Girl Guides Leader -lived in No 12 and No 10 was occupied by Canon Shipman who lived there with his sister and their little dog George.

28 SUNDIAL HSE AND COTT HIGH ST.jpg

Above image taken in the late 1960's

bottom of page